Finally, a Weight Loss Program Designed to Get You Back into Your Skinny Jeans
Do you have a “someday I will fit into those clothes" corner of your closet? Have you looked at "before and after" diet ads and thought the images must have been retouched? Is your bathing suit falling apart at the seams because you can’t face shopping for a new one?
You are not alone. At any given time, over 45 million Americans are on a diet. And less than 5 percent will keep the weight off long term. Does this mean you should give up your dream of showing up at your high school reunion in your skinny jeans? At Dr. Sheila Hughes - Weight Loss & Wellness we say no. Absolutely not. Don't give up. We think you just need a new approach to weight loss. No more fad diets, calorie counting apps or intermittent fasting. It is time for a physician supervised weight loss program that will help you change how you think about your relationship with food forever.
We know that eating is an essential part of human survival but today, many of us eat for other reasons. We reach for empty calories because of anxiety, stress, boredom, bad habits or simply because we can’t resist those glorious glazed donuts with sprinkles in the break room. A physician supervised weight loss program helps you understand your unique triggers and provides you with specific tools to turn your unhealthy habits into sustainable behaviors that will help you lose weight and keep it off.
How does it work?
- 1) Most programs start with an initial weight loss consultation. This includes a comprehensive review of your health, weight loss history and a deep dive into your motivations and challenges. Consultations uncover your favorite foods, your dreaded exercise fears, physiological factors and your deepest reasons for wanting to lose weight. Based on the consultation, your physician partner will create a program customized to your needs including exercise, diet and support.
- 2) The next step is to make the commitment to a weekly face to face check-in with your physician. This is where accountability comes in. You’ll need to get on the scale every week and talk about your successes and your challenges directly. Physician supervised weight loss programs deliver far better results because you have someone who is on your side fighting the glazed donut demons with you. The physician has years of experience helping patients change behaviors so you can meet your goals. They have seen it all and know how to make you successful.
- 3) Once you have reached your desired weight, the weight maintenance phase kicks in. The physician will help you avoid the yo-yo effect by working with you to keep weight off with proven behavioral tools and techniques.
Choosing the right physician supervised weight loss program is essential. We believe there are several factors to consider:
- Experience: How long has the physician been working in the field? Where were they educated? What is their methodology?
- Success rate: Ask to speak to current and former patients. The testimonials on their website are one thing, but you want to speak to real people.
- Personal chemistry: This weight loss journey requires vulnerability and accountability. You need to find a partner who can trust. Will this physician challenge you and support you when you need them most?
So what are you waiting for? It’s time for you to shed those pounds and get a new bathing suit. A physician supervised weight loss program is a proven approach that will provide you with the tools and mindset you need to change your relationship with food for good.