Cauliflower is low in calories yet high in vitamins and minerals. One cup contains only 25 calories and has 3 grams of fiber!
Why is cauliflower good for weight loss? Consuming lots of water dense low calorie foods is associated with effective weight loss. Cauliflower is about 92% water.
We also like some of the new colored Cauliflowers for this recipe. Orange, Purple & Green Cauliflower (aka Broccoflower) will also work for this recipe. Pairing this with our Roasted Chicken recipe makes for an easy weeknight or weekend dinner.
- 1 Head Cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 Tbsp EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 3 Cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup Vegetable Broth (More if necessary)
- 3 Tbsp Grated Parmesan
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Chives
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower florets 8 to 10 times, until it resembles small grains of rice.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and sweat until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and vegetable stock and cook until the cauliflower is softened and enough liquid has evaporated to make the mixture creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan and let sit 5 minutes to thicken. Finish by stirring in the chives.
If you are on the Weight Loss Program with Dr. Sheila Hughes we suggest having this with 3-4 ounces of lean protein for a perfect size lunch or dinner. Roast Chicken, Grilled Salmon or Scallops would be a great choice. For a little kick of flavor adding in a bit of wasabi can be fun!