It seems like everyone wants to achieve healthy weight loss but they may not be sure how to. Dr. Sheila Hughes excels with her medically supervised weight loss program and many other services to help our patients reach their goals. We've brought together several FAQs that we get to help clear up any confusion you may have on our Weight Loss Program.
1. What makes Dr. Hughes different?
- Dr. Hughes uses methods that help her patients achieve healthy weight loss. She teaches her patients to make healthy food choices that help them lose fat. Additionally, she does this without having her patients go through the hassle of counting calories, feeling hungry, or feeling the pain that comes with intense hunger cravings.
2. How many patients have had success with the program?
- To date, over 5,000 patients have had successful weight loss with this program. This includes everyday people, pageant contestants, and celebrities. We work to tailor a program to suit your needs, and this results in fast and effective weight loss that lasts.
3. Although everyone is different, what are typical weight loss results?
- We consider positive weight loss to be one or two pounds per week. However, many people experience a loss of five to ten pounds in their first week. This can add up to between 10 and 20 pounds in their first month alone.
4. Are there any necessary tests/exams before the program starts?
- Yes. At the initial visit, you'll have an EKG and Medical History & Physical done. This gives our practitioners a baseline to monitor you with throughout the weight loss journey. It helps to ensure that you stay healthy. We'll perform both the History & Physical and EKG when you come in for your first appointment.
5. Are there required office visits?
- We believe that coming to short weekly office visits are key to succeeding in the program. We use these visits to address any concerns, answer any questions, and assess your progress. Additionally, we act as a support system every step of the way, and this can help to ensure your success in the program.
6. What are the three phases of the nutritional program?
- Our goal is to make the nutritional program manageable for all of our patients. This is why we break it down into three easy phases. You'll go through the fat burning phase, active weight loss phase, and the long-term maintenance phase. We'll give you a complete meal plan that contains complex carbohydrates and nutrient-rich foods.
7. Do we have long-distance programs available?
- Yes. You will have to go to the initial 90-minute consultation in the Los Angeles/Brentwood or Encino office. Once you come to a face-to-face meeting, you can complete every other part of the program through email or phone, and this includes the weekly consultations.
8. What is BHRT?
- BHRT stands for Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy. This therapy uses pellets to deliver the correct amounts of hormones to help balance your body. This helps with hormone fluctuations, and the therapy can work for up to six months. It helps to balance your emotional and physical wellbeing.
Contact Dr. Sheila Hughes Weight Loss & Wellness Today!
Are you ready to start your weight loss journey? Do you have questions or concerns? If so, get in touch! We're ready to tailor a weight loss treatment plan to suit your needs. Many of our pateints benefit from our BHRT program if they are looking to lose weight after hitting menopause (for women) or andropause (for men).